One of the most luxurious meals you can serve is grilled prime rib. This recipe will level-up your prime rib with a garlic herb crust that’s sure to keep you craving more.
To follow along with the recipe below, be sure to watch Girls Can Grill Pitmaster Christie Vanover demonstrate how grill prime rib. Find more recipes, tips, and Cowboy products near you at CowboyCharcoal.com.
Grilled Prime Rib Ingredients
◆ 6 lb bone-in prime rib roast
◆ 3 tbsp olive oil
◆ 4 cloves garlic minced
◆ 2 tbsp Christie Vanover’s Brisket Rub
◆ 1 tbsp fresh thyme
◆ 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
◆ 1/2 tsp ground allspice
1. Start by partially separating the meat from the bones by running a boning knife between the roast and bones. Continue down, leaving about an inch connected on the bottom.
2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make a rub.
3. Apply the rub all over the roast, including between the meat and bones. Allow it to rest on the counter for two hours.
4. Heat the grill or smoker to 250F degrees using Cowboy All Natural Garlic & Onion Hardwood Briquets with an indirect heat zone.
5. Place the roast on the smoker with the bones down. Smoke until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 110F degrees. This will take about 2 hours.
6. Keep the meat over indirect heat and raise the grill temperature to 400F degrees. Continue cooking, until the internal temperature reaches 130-135F degrees. This will take about 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the grill. Let it rest 30 minutes before slicing.