This month’s Cowboy Charcoal featured recipe is a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie that will have everyone begging for more. Use a gas grill with Cowboy Pecan Wood Chips to get a sweet, smoky flavor.
Watch the video and get the recipe for this delectable, grilled chocolate chip cookie in a cast iron skillet from Dan Phelps, Pitmaster of @LearningtoSmoke.
- Milk Chocolate chips 8 oz
- Brown sugar 1/4 Cup
- Sugar 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Flour 1 1/4 Cup
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla ice cream (preferably vanilla bean) 3 scoops
- Chocolate syrup 2 Tbsp
- Caramel syrup 2 Tbsp
- Preheat gas grill to medium (or charcoal grill to 375 degrees) Pour Cowboy Pecan Wood Chips into a smoker box and set on grill to start smoking. If you don’t have a smoker box, use heavy duty aluminum foil to mold a tray for the chips.
- In a mixing bowl, place butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix.
- Then add vanilla and egg. Mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix.
- Finally, add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Press cookie dough evenly into medium-to-large greased cast iron skillet and put on grill over indirect heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until edges start to get light brown.
- Remove and rest five minutes before topping with ice cream and syrups (chocolate and caramel).
See recipes, tips, and find Cowboy products near you on CowboyCharcoal.com.
This recipe of the month is an online exclusive for Western Life Today brought to you by Cowboy Charcoal. Click to subscribe to Western Life Today!